[Greenbuilding] Hardwood Floor Sound Underlays and PestManagement

Kenn Brown kenn2536 at centurylink.net
Fri May 4 05:10:29 CDT 2012

David,

Swimming pool DE is heat treated to make it clump together to make it a
better filter material. The DE that I use isn't treated; it comes through a
distributor from the mine, Fossil Shell Suppliers, which probably has an
outlet in your area. My house is a pier and beam (doublewide, Mfg), put on
site in 1989. we removed all of rocks from around the house and used them as
skirting, bad mistake, we removed the home from all of the scorpions. I must
have put 100# of DE under the house, with a pest control blower. The damp
soil negated some of the DE, I continued applying it, finally got control,
for years, and during this last drought. It has started raining, found a
half grown scorpion in my lavatory this morning, killed it with a deodorant
container. Here in the Texas Hill Country  we will have to, again, start
bumping our shoes together before we put them on. BTW, I received 1200# from
my distributor yesterday; we use about 5# on each new service call, unlike
most pest control companies it isn't necessary for us to sell quarterly
services.

Kenn Brown

Environment Sensitive Pest Control

www.enviromentsensitive.com <http://www.enviromentsensitive.com/>