[Greenbuilding] Get a puppy and help save the environment!

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 09:57:56 CDT 2013

Ruben,

For the record: Microsoft is going to stop support on XP and Office 2003 in April 2014. This does not mean you can't use it, but MS will no longer care if there are secuirty issues in there. Keeping in mind that Windows get new malware everyday, this is effectively going to make XP obselete.

We should not look at the world in terms of how we behave, but how the majority behaves. Just because you work around Planned Obselence, doesn't mean the majority do.

The reasons for discarding equipment prematurely is complex, much is done by organizations rather than individuals. Millions of useable PCs are already in landfills, further millions were eCycled in China in ways that caused cancer in young children.

The reason you should switch to Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) is not simply for your own particular  needs. By using and promoting FOSS you will help achive the critical mass needed to break the current paradigm.

~sanjay