[Greenbuilding] Action regarding actions motion

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Thu Jan 10 06:19:06 CST 2013

Here I am, cross posting, following RT's lead:
I second that motion, and have to say that wild mushroom roots has been
so prevalent in my inbox that I already, (like last month, really), have
tucked him into my "Junk Filter" and thus his incoming mail goes
directly to Junk File.  He doesn't bother me anymore.

It's a tricky call for all the list administrators out there, on the
various building lists. Certainly Mr. Feral Mycelium must have very good
intentions, and I support anything that helps this screwy world move
towards a direction of sustainability.  What I do not wish to support is
any list member who's ego is so insecure that they have to toot their
own horn, repeatedly, just to feel important.  It's a bit annoying.

So perhaps FeralMycelium simply hasn't discovered that there are other
ways to advertise.  Yes, he's reached out and made folks on this list
aware of his services. That's all that's needed. Now, all of us who wish
to follow his activities could go to his website and see when the next
workshop is going to be, (which isn't me, by the way.).

So as the list momma, you could offer a limit. There could be some
guidelines established for folks wanting to offer their services. Such
as announcing, once a year, the services that they offer, and including
a link to their website, where interested individuals could go, learn
more about you, and then follow your activities off-list. Hey, maybe
this is already assumed to be the case, by most members of this list.
In which case, Mr. Feral Mycelium could take notice of this, and stop
spamming all the sustainable building lists, while his reputation is
only "Slightly Tarnished", instead of waiting for his reputation to
become "Mud".
(Wait a minute ... there's already a lot of plasterers on this list who
are proud of their reputation being mud.)
Okay, so my analogy sucks.  'Nuff said.

Frank

Frank Tettemer
Living Sol ~ Building and Design