[Greenbuilding] Action regarding actions motion

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 10 15:37:31 CST 2013

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:02:41 -0500, Sacie Lambertson
<sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> The permiculture people do occasionally advertise but their postings are
> few and advertisement for services people on this list might was to
> know about; these do not fit the 'ban' category IMO.

It doesn't matter much to me one way or the other because like Frank I
delete all of Wild Fungushead's SPAM from my Mailwasher spambuster
program's pre-screening window unread, so that the messages do not get
downloaded into my mail program.

However, they are mildly annoying to see nonetheless (but that's my
problem) , a sentiment that seems to be shared by at least a few of our
compadres who aren't known for having short fuses and I suspect, by quite
a few others who may not yet have felt compelled to "complain" publicly.

On one of the Yahoogroups that I am a ListMomma by default, I used to
utilise the "Polling" function to take votes on whether a member who had
been generating complaints should be banned from posting.

It was a measure that I invoked only twice I think in maybe 10 years . It
was all done off-list so as to not bombard mailboxes with off-topic
messages and it was pretty easy to see what the majority of the List
membership wanted to do.

How can we do something like that on this List ? Beats me but if it were
possible ...

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")