[Greenbuilding] Brick Veneer over Thick Foam

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Wed Mar 27 09:19:08 CDT 2013

in a conventional brick veneer wall without careful airsealing and
exoinsulation, there may be enough heat loss through the frame to prevent
frost damage to the brick and or mortar--like after a soaking rain during
the day, and plunging temps later in the night.  in front of a
superinsulated wall, this might be problematic.  At a minimum, there should
be attention to the absorptive characteristics of the brick and mortar, and
adequate control jointing.

-aa

Alan Abrams*
**certifed professional building designer, AIBD
certified passive house consultant, PHIUS*
*certified passive house builder, PHIUS**
*Abrams Design Build LLC
*sustainable design for intentional living*
6411 Orchard Avenue Suite 102
Takoma Park, MD 20912
office  301-270-NET- ZERO (301-270-6380)
fax      301-270-1466
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com