[Greenbuilding] Copper tank?

Grace Alden speireag at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 16:51:49 CDT 2013

On 2013/09/01, at 19:37, Topher wrote:

> Scrap copper is currently around $2.50 / pound around here.  That might
> give you a basis for pricing the tank.
>
> 30 gallons is a lot of thermal mass if you were to use it as a radiator;
> it might well over heat the bathroom.

	True.  The bathroom idea is probably unworkable.  But I can think of a few such applications which might work.  It could be a wintertime heater for the main living space.  It might work in a sauna, in some fashion.  It might help temper the cold of incoming well water before it runs into the hot water tank, in the non-heating season, and also provide a small amount of copper in the line for a small amount of anti-microbial benefit.

	We counter-offered at $200.  We'll see if he bites.

	Thanks, Corwyn!  And Nick!

Grace

--
The result of taking second place to girls at school is that the boy feels a sense of inferiority that he is never afterward able entirely to shake off.
--Editorial in London Globe against co-education, quoted by Alice Miller