[Greenbuilding] Copper tank?

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 12 17:25:55 CDT 2013

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:51:49 -0400, Grace Alden <speireag at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2013/09/01, at 19:37, Topher wrote:
>
>> Scrap copper is currently around $2.50 / pound around here.  That might
>> give you a basis for pricing the tank.
>>
>> 30 gallons is a lot of thermal mass if you were to use it as a radiator;
>> it might well over heat the bathroom.
>
> 	True.  The bathroom idea is probably unworkable.  But I can think of a
> few such applications which might work.

My guess is that a scalpel blade contains less than a bucks-worth of steel
in terms of scrap value but in the hands of a surgeon it could save a life
and as such, it'd be priceless.

A copper tank built to withstand pressurised boiling water is IMO worth
far more than its scrap value.

What if that 30 gallon boiler were used as a still to make single malt
whiskey ? 30 gallons of single malt at a conservative price of $40 per 70
cl ? About $7,000. (To AA-Man, he'd probably say "priceless". Me ? I'm a
tea-totaler.)

If I were selling that copper tank, I wouldn't give it away for $200.
--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")