[Greenbuilding] Toxic Materials in Roof Runoff

futureship0000 futureship0000 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:28:27 CDT 2014

John,

I have been researching best management practices (bmp's)
 for stormwater runoff.  With
Particular focus on small residential
Applications.  I attached a couple of documents that I found helpful.

So far raingardens, wetlands and bio-
Retention basins seem to be the
BMP of choice. However it is site
Dependent that determines the bmp.

My goal is to eliminate the stormwater
Run off monthly fee charged by Mecklenburg county (Charlotte, NC)
by implementing An approved bmp for stormwater management.

This is not my area of expertise but
I am trying to get up to speed ..

I am open to any suggestions on this
Very important subject! !!

I would be interested to hear from
Erin Rasmussen on his experiences
With the stormwater conference mentioned!

Thank you for all the great
Information this group freely shares!!!

Tall buildings...small roofs. Maybe Corbusiers vision of high buildings and
parks was not such a bad concept.  Meanwhile I think we are still trying to
figure out acid rain.

What is the state of the art for stormwater filtration and control and who
is becoming liable - especially long term contamination?

john