[Greenbuilding] Article: Would you live in a house made of sand and bacteria?

Topher topher at greenfret.com
Sun Jul 6 08:46:43 CDT 2014

On 7/3/2014 6:20 PM, RT wrote:

> PS: This message is being sent from a T60 laptop that is still running
> Win XP Pro, many months after the supposed End of the XP World.
> I did have it running as a dual-boot system with Ubuntu for awhile but
> the Ubuntu OS crapped-out after a while so I deleted the Ubuntu
> partition and it seems quite content to keep plugging along on the XP
> OS. True, I don't use this laptop all that often but every time I've
> fired it up, it's done whatever has been required of it. It appears
> that all the fuss about MS dropping support of Win XP was as
> over-hyped as the Y2K fuss.

Greetings,

I am not sure what you or the hypers thought was going to happen when
support was dropped.  The software is the same as it ever was, just no
longer changing from fixes by the manufacturer.  Bugs or security
problems discovered in the future will not be fixed, but that is all.

Y2k on the other hand was a large number of existing bugs which, for the
most part, were fixed on schedule.  Programmers worked long hard hours
to make sure that everything went smoothly, we don't like to hear people
claiming that the whole thing was 'over-hyped', that was the goal.
Would you rather that it had been a catastrophe?

Thank You Kindly,
Topher / Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap