[Stoves] K Smith Article in Energy for Sustainable Development

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Sat Dec 4 05:17:22 CST 2010

Grispin

To your infomation if Dean dont' have the exact figures by hand the TLUD-ND I made at Stove Camp 2009 had the following settings.

        The combustion chamber  had a diameter 150mm and was 180 h

  a.. 55 mm free space from concentration lid up to the pot
  b.. 105 mm hole in concentration lid
  c.. 6 mm split between concentration lid and top of thee combustion chamber - 4x15mm for the stand for 2nd air
  d.. 5 five mm holes 75 mm up from the bottom on the side of the combustion chamber
  e.. 5 five mm holes 25 mm up from the bottom on the side of the combustion chamber
  f.. 13 five mm holes at the bottom plate for 1st air
  g.. 15 mm space between combustion chamber an cover for preheating of 2nd.air
The combustion chamber was filled with 1kg of wood pellets and a complete 5 wbt carried out.with following result.

Fuel to Cook 5L

(8 50/1500) g                   768.8

CO to Cook 5L (20)           23.0

PM to Cook 5L (1500      223.1