[Stoves] When does a test end?

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 15 11:51:14 CST 2010

The only problem with using a "95% Rule" (The test ends when 95% of the
combustion portion of the fuel has burned) is that when we are testing
gasifier stoves like TLUD that are *designed to leave behind the
"char"*, the mass of the fuel may never get down to 5% of the initial
mass... so the emissions test may never actually "end" (officially)...  ;-)

   Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
   Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
   www.biochar-consulting.ca
   603-48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
   905-707-8754; 647-886-8754 (cell)
      Skype: lloyd.helferty
   Steering Committee member, Canadian Biochar Initiative
   President, Co-founder&  CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario
     Advisory Committee Member, IBI
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42237506675
   http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario