[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 2, Issue 23

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Oct 29 04:32:59 CDT 2010

Dear Crispin

" In Lesotho some family was sitting in a thick cloud of cow dung smoke
getting out of the cold. They were asked, how on earth can you live in this
smoke?? They replied they were used to it. Simple as that."

About 15 years ago, (or was it 20?), the large dish Satellite TV Receivers
were very popular. There was a Local Entrepreneur who had set up a Cable TV
Company. I was curious about why he would invest such a large amount of
money in a cable TV distribution system, when there was already an
established competitor serving the market. I asked him:

"Why would you make such a large investment in Cable TV when Satellite
receivers were already providing the service?"

He replied: "To make money."

There is an interesting parallel here. Different people get different
answers to the same question because they are looking at different aspects
of it.

Best wishes,

Kevin