[Stoves] Re (stoves) misunderstanding TLUD

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Thu Apr 14 02:23:07 CDT 2011

Dear Tomas and all

What I tried to say was just what you said. To ignite on top gives a different fire. It is not connected to the fuel but how you ignite the fuel

I don't know anything about the 150 chemical processes in a fire.  All my work with stoves is based on what I see, what I smell and what I feel and that happen to result in The Peko Pe, on which I can cook, frying meat, do grilling, baking bread, smoking fish, heating water for shower and use for heating in tents with out any problem. Some types of fuel gives more soot and tar than others on the pots, and demand some small adjustment on primary and secondary air-intake on the "stove" The Peko Pe is not a stove, it is an energy unit, more like a battery, filled with energy to be put into a stove. That's why its also  perfect for institutional cooking, just by putting more units under big pots, and when beans are boiling you switch to one unit for continue boiling or simmering, and by that  saving fuel. And there is no other way to ignite it than on top.

 With regards Paal W