[Stoves] re Charcoal in Gambia/ WorldStove char in Rwanda

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:20:23 CDT 2011

> Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:01:22 -0400
> From: english at kingston.net
> To: stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
> Subject: Re: [Stoves] re Charcoal in Gambia/ WorldStove char in Rwanda
>
> Hi Fireside (name?)> Roger and Bridget Lehet.....Kimberly stoves Vashon Washington
> No its not a sign.
>
> Aside from the inappropriate preposition/typo/brain burp in my question,
> the intention is benign curiosity. Perhaps it should be addressed to Nat
> at WorldStove.
>
> I once lived in Uganda and traveled to Rwanda. I understand that what
> works in one place may not in another.
>
>My/our view
> people here seem to "micro managing" to the point where even Crispin felt he needed to take all the time it took to respond (it was a caring but time consuming reply to what he must have felt was an attack)away from his more important work. In other words, whats seems to be measured is not the reduction of consumption I still vehemently argue is the issue. I would like to be supported in my desire to see an effective use of secondary combustion become available at costs which can be subsidized and afforded by the end user. I believe that the reduction of fuel used is the only key in a bigger picture which makes much of the time arguing a silly waste of public funds. Maybe since I am not funded by any other source than my own pocket, I am very sensitive to what I view as poor use of funds. When I drive by a county road works project and see 12 guys watching 1 guy work....I get fried! Lets dig in and band together with productive wording which is supportive and opens the door to better and more friendly communication. We as intelligent humans get lost in the debate process and accomplish little. Over thinking is a disease in my mind. keep it simple stovers and lets get it done.
Maybe even there should be a new list for the arguing of bio char.....and let the stove list be for stoves which create less controversy, I don't know. Let me finish by saying that we are glad to have found this group of seriously passionate and resourceful folks who I am sure want to find a cure for many Ill's on a global scale. However time is short, and the task is great..............were all in this together....lets keep it clean!
Thank you....R&B