[Stoves] Jatropha and its future

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:32:48 CDT 2011

Dear Lloyd

That is great news. If you are passing through Waterloo please stop in so we
can do a couple of emission tests.

I was working on the weekend to burn one of the worst fuels I have seen so
far - a 100mm diameter high density sawdust log with no hole in the centre.
Eventually I got it working well and boiled 5.2 litres in 16 minutes. I used
a 130mm long piece standing up on end in a Vesto. I also tried drilling a 1
inch hole through the centre but to burn that it needs to be in 'gasifier
mode'. That means starting with a higher primary air flow then closing it.
Not as convenient but possible.