[Stoves] Jatropha and its future

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:58:05 CDT 2011

Dear Crispin,
we found that keeping the wood pieces standing vertically in the fire
box worked better even in our own models of the Indian chulha stove.
All our models have a bottom grate through which the fuel is supplied
with primary air. The fire mouth through which the wood is inserted
into the fire box acts as the inlet port of the secondary air. In the
chulha the wood is ignited from the bottom. How is the fire started in
Vesto? Do the logs burn from top to bottom or from bottom to top?
Yours
A.D.Karve