[Stoves] camel dung???

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:06:58 CST 2011

Dear Alex

I agree with your analysis. Do you know what the H2 content of the dung(s)
is? I would like to know why preheating the primary air makes such a big
difference with dung. I have considered the moisture the main issue, but it
seems to hold as a general rule. Another possibility is that the preheating
creates, with a small amount of fuel, a self-decomposing fuel pile that has
to have concomitant choked primary air.

The combination definitely works and as I demonstrated to Dr AD, works
pretty well with damp wood.

++++++

Paul,
The 'biochar' paper you reference seems to be stretching the definitions a
bit. 350C formation hits close to the bottom of the 'charring' range, 200C
is low torrefaction.  At 200C it is doubtful that there would be any
recalcitrant carbon present. The raw manure performs well with lead too.
This is all about phosphorus not sorption on carbon or even surface
functional groups.
A rose by any other name....
but its probably my 'failure' to understand.
Alex