[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Tue Jan 18 20:46:15 CST 2011

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:57:50 -0500
> From: "Crispin Pemberton-Pigott" <crispinpigott at gmail.com>
> To: "Stoves" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
> Subject: Re: [Stoves] Burning saw dust in TLUD stove
>
> Dear Rajan
>
>>This should not be a problem with Champion TLUD stove - since this stove
> has a
>>provision for attaching a blower for the primary air.
>
> Is it not possible to use a chimney instead of a blower?
>
> Thanks
> Crispin

Dear Crispin,

In TLUD, the fuel bed is comparatively thick and the resistance to air flow
can be quite high.

An alternative possibility is to have a central vertical hole around 2" dia
in the saw dust bed. But such an arrangement will normally need a continuous
small fire ( like a stick of burning wood ) at the bottom introduced through
a horizontal air passage. I find some practical difficulties here - although
it looks promising theoretically.

Regards,

Rajan