[Stoves] coal briquette stove

Kobus ventfory at iafrica.com
Wed Jan 19 14:36:41 CST 2011

Richard, John,

I have seen these coal briquettes (not charcoal) floating around in South Africa, I even managed
to acquire a box of them at one stage (stored somewhere now or thrown away...will check), and I
would say each briquette weighed about 400 grams each.  I picked up the coal stove that came
with it (small stove with high density clay inserts, that did nothing to aid combustion) and coal
briquettes at a give-away price from a local pawn shop.

Look at the picture again Richard and click on enlarge to get a good look at the stove and
briquettes: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/30800390/Imbawula_Stove.html

John, why not drop this guy a note and get some more information?  :-)

Regards

Kobus

Hello again, John,

Never heard of this: What is it made of and how much does it weigh?

When you Kobus and I worked on it at my place in Paulshof, I recall that we regularly arrived at
2 kilowatts (+/-0.5 kw) from one briquette af about 140 grams but the burn time was only about
45 minutes to 1 hr...( it being designed more for cook stove applications). ould also like to see
hat the mbaula looks like...Thanks in advance
Kobus, et tu ?

Richard Stanley
NW Obamaland