[Stoves] (no subject)

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Jan 21 05:22:10 CST 2011

Boston:

I have lived in Boulder, but am now (normally - but won't be back until early April) in Golden. I would like then to meet and discuss this further.

I think the issue for seed cake, which I have never worked with, is breaking or forming the cake into something that resembles the original seed - a pellet.or "stick" form. Can you describe the cake (thickness, density, malleability, etc)? There are many readers of this list knowledgeable on creating briquettes, pellets, etc.

As Dr. Anderson has suggested, the issue for making charcoal in a cook stove is getting uniform primary air flow through the body of the fuel bed. Working with big slabs won't work for TLUDs, BLDDs, or TLODs.

Ron