[Stoves] nifty news from Nepal

Nat of WorldStove nataniele at aim.com
Thu Mar 3 09:05:01 CST 2011

Hello Stovers,
Good to be back home from Senegal (more on that in another email).  Just getting caught up on back mail and stumbled across
some stupendous work going on in Nepal.

We as a community strive so often to produce smoke free stoves we often forget that not all smoke is bad.  Often,in communities
where we work smoke is a critical way to preserve food. I ran across a smoke hood project in Nepal (see video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_wtlEPiV9M&feature=feedu

which improves indoor air, reduces fuel needs, but still allows for the preservation of food.  It's a super project and a lovely video
about a well run program which includes manufaturing, respect for local cooking traditions, and micro finance.
It is more than worth the ten minutes or so it takes to watch it.

Happy stoving to all

Nat of WorldStove,
*********