[Stoves] Misuderstanding of TLUD stoves Re: Refuelable TLUD Coal Stove developed in Mongolia that is not a batch process.

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 20:12:02 CST 2011

Paul and ccs:

   I had not realized that your Chip Furnace operated in the manner you describe below.  Am I correct then in assuming that the word pyrolyzer (which you didn't use) would be inapproproriate - and that char production is minimal?

   But also that much of your other writing is on char-making stoves of a batch type and that you would then not use the term "gasifier"?

   I have not heard whether Nat Mulcahy demonstrated at the Ethos meeting that he could add extra fuel at the end of a run - and that TLUD was therefore Inappropriate for his design.

   I believe (perhaps like Crispin) that a BLDD could produce char - and could add extra fuel at the top - and hope that someone will report on that pair of desirable characteristics in a collating.

Ron

Sent from my iPad