[Stoves] Don't waste the heat, grow red wigglers and glorious greens

Gerrie Baker gbaker at rideau.net
Thu Oct 13 15:50:31 CDT 2011

Precisely that is why I propose using the huge boiler in the greenhouse
to produce biochar and the waste heat is "captured" and utilized for
raising worms and growing food.   I would like input from experts who
want to advise and partner with this project. Nightime fire tending is
covered and when hot and air is shut down the char forms and the water
continues to circulate in the floor until light of day, char is cooled
and removed and cycle resumes with reignighting the fire box mid
afternoon. The char chunks produced in this huge wood biomass burner is
amazing and I have noticed positive results in both the worm beds and
gardens where it is applied.  Gerrie

Regards, Gerrie Baker, aka The Worm Lady

Dedicated to delivering organic waste solutions through education and demonstrations of worm composting habitats indoors and outside.  Focused on converting garbage to gardens and encouraging people to grow their own healthy nutritious food and beautiful edible flowers.

The Worm Factory
874 Grady Road, Foley Mountain
Westport, ON  K0G 1X0

613-273-7595