[Stoves] New US Patent law change

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:22:36 CDT 2011

Max......

         I am genuinely confused by the time spent by this group on the subject of patents. From what I gather most folks on this list are publicly funded. In the case of big business, take Boeing for example, if an employee comes up with a patentable idea on company time........Boeing gets the patent right, not the inventor. Should the folks funding listers get rights to their idea's if a patent is awarded an idea?
         In our case we have used my 26 years in this industry serving a community of 14,000 people who were smogging up the air to create a product which can and will make a big difference on a global scale, and are living well below the poverty level so we can fund this project ourselves. My dream is to create a large enough income to be able to devote my life to helping others. Flatly spoken, I will not be able to help anyone with anything without the invention becoming successful. I am not a Paul Allen or Bill Gates who has any interest in 400 foot yachts, or football stadiums which only serve to make money on the public ignorance. I guess if I were then this conversation would mean little to me.
         Reading these posts seems as if my wish to secure a patent is an unpopular thing to do. Suggestions like kickstarter, and the like, have been both unfruitful as well as limiting on financial gain. This might help me pay my bills for a while, but that would be the extent. If everyone who has made comment were working on a patent then I guess I could understand the time spent on this issue. If not then I would suggest then anyone publicly funded might find a better use of public money then to debate a subject such as this.

       Sorry if I didn't get the point

              Roger