[Stoves] New US Patent law change

Carefreeland at aol.com Carefreeland at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 20:50:50 CDT 2011

In a message dated 9/9/2011 5:17:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com writes:

Hi  D.D.

I would say then that we are  in agreement that  patenting my stove is a
good  thing?

As  far as giving away stuff.......right on! I have spent a good a good bit
of  time also trying to give good ideas to people all around the globe and
asking  nothing in return. Many times the return I get is to hear that my
information  was adopted successfully  helped people and places I will never
even get  to meet. It just sounded from following that particular thread that
this  practice is only self serving, I view this practice as a way to
ensure that I  will be able to help others.

DD As far as patenting or not it is certainly a personal choice, a tool in
a marketing plan. The aspects of greed vs wanting to forge a better society
are  up to the creator to judge. In the movie Wall Street the expression
"greed is  good" was used. Well that is too a one sided view. Greed is a
motivator, that is  good, Greed is also excludes others from the party, that is
bad. Patents by  nature enable some limited greed to thrive. Weather that is
the good greed, or  the bad type, I guess depends on each situation.
    The problem comes in when Corporations and not  individuals have these
patents. Corporations are not people. Corporations have  one motivation and
that is to make money for stockholders. I think the best way  truly to make
patents fair would be to not allow corporations to own them. I  don't think
that will ever happen. There is always the argument that say a drug  company
spends a billion dollars on a life saving medicine, they need the patent
to pay for the research. Maybe we need two types of patents, Corporate ones
and  individual ones. Hmm. Any ideas?

    Dan Dimiduk