[Stoves] advice for chimney wood stove for rural Burkina Faso

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:46:30 CST 2012

Dear Bob

Are people there willing to build a chimney out of mud brick against the
wall?
Must the chimney necessarily be made of metal?
Is there any need for portability, occasionally?

I have tried some stoves that were claimed to be smoke free and were not.
Wood is never completely consumed in burning. Especially with real cooks
working to get their family fed.  We use a chimney in our Maasai project.
And I think it is essential in their windowless homes.  Have you messured
particulates and CO levels during long term cooking?
Bob Lange.