[Stoves] combusting Coffee Pulp/Cherry

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Fri Feb 10 19:56:30 CST 2012

Frank,

Here in Vietnam we have both dry coffee husks and wet coffee pulp.
We gasify the dry coffee husk as a source of fuel for drying the coffee
bean from a wet mill,
 and that we ferment the wet coffee pulp as a feed for pigs.
The fermented coffee pulp has a crude protein content as high as 14%.

Wet coffee pulp is an extremely low-grade fuel, but it can be easily
converted into a quality pig feed.
All that is needed to ferment it is to add 5% molasses by weight and put it
into a sealed container or bag.
The pH of this fermented brew drops below 4.0.
After one week it can be fed to pigs.

Some types of waste earn more money as a fuel,
 and some types of waste earn more money as a feed.
>From an economic point of view, it's far from ideal to burn pig feed.

Thanks.
Paul