[Stoves] [biochar-policy] Re: Stoves

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Mon Jun 25 18:19:52 CDT 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:23:41 -0600, <rongretlarson at comcast.net> wrote:

> I find the idea that stoves must only be sold, and that all stoves must
> include a profit rent, to be a true perversion.

Jock,

That is fine utopian philosophizing, but realistically, is everyone
supposed to build their own improved stove?  Specialization exists even at
the village level.  Is the village stovemaker supposed to build stoves for
free?

Profit is payment to the risk taker (the entrepreneur, the investor), just
as one pays for labor, goods or money.  How is that a perversion?