[Stoves] The end user

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Tue Nov 6 11:38:55 CST 2012

Dear Stovers,

Perhaps I haven't thought about all the working of getting stoves to the
masses but it seems to me they are all -purchased- for distribution from
NGO's and the like. My thinking is that there need be a catalog of
'approved' stoves. Stoves grouped as to fuel type, stove type, in or
outdoor, passed efficiency tests etc.  Then anyone can design and build a
mockup, have it tested and grouped (at their expense) and if all goes well
have it in the catalog to be possibly chosen.  Then a small part of the cost
per stove (production, distribution, on site research etc.) goes to the
designer. There is no short of market (so many people need stoves) there
must be a better way to make this work than designing a stove from tin cans
then running all over the World to sell it like Paul and Dean are dong. We
need to define the methods to test stoves to give then the Groups they
belong in etc.  It's the Wild West out there!

Frank

Frank Shields

Control Laboratories, Inc.

42 Hangar Way