[Stoves] Straw roofs and fires

Josh Kearns yeah.yeah.right.on at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 13:51:12 CDT 2012

Certainly it's a concern. Last February there was a very destructive fire
that spread through Umpiem refugee camp in Thailand near where we work:

http://karennews.org/2012/02/breaking-news-fire-at-umpiem-mai-refugee-camp-destroys-1000-houses.html/

I'm not sure if they ever traced the cause, but the thatch-leaf roofs and
close proximity of houses led to the rapid spread of the fire.

Josh

--
Josh Kearns
PhD Candidate