[Stoves] Mwoto Quad TLUD test results

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 23 22:56:02 CDT 2012

Stovers,

I am making available to everyone the WBT test results of the Quad TLUD
gasifier stoves that are being produced in Uganda by a new company
called Awamu Biomass Energy Ltd (ABE).    Awamu means "together" in the
Lugandan language and is a continuation of the "Juntos" (together in
Portuguese and Spanish) name I have used for many years.

Because the emissions equipment was not working at that time, CO and PM
readings are unfortunately not yet available (but will be in the not too
distant future, we hope.).
> On 10/23/2012 11:38 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
>> What is the thermal efficiency of the Quad, and can you give me the
>> numbers that were used to calculate the result(s)? I am interested to
>> see the fuel loading and alla that. Burn rate...
The report is now posted to www.drtlud.com <http://www.drtlud.com> as an
announcement.
This is the direct link to the report:
http://www.drtlud.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/QUAD_2_STOVE.pdf
And this is the link to the announcement post:
http://www.drtlud.com/2012/10/23/quad-2-stove-performance-report/

This same report will also be available at the Stoves website.

Of special note are some comments/data about the use of three sizes of
pieces of the same fuel:   branch segments of up to 5 cm (2 inch
diameter);  segments split thinner;   and chopped pieces (not segments
that are as tall as the fuel chamber).

I believe that this report has the first released results of any of the
TLUD stoves in Uganda produced under the trademark "Mwoto" that is held
by CREEC (developed under a grant from the World Bank for the BEIA Project.)

Awamu encourages others to post their test results or provide
comparative data for other stoves.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072