[Stoves] Low cost charcoal gasifiers

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:42:12 CDT 2012

Dear Everyone

Is it then agreed that the term TLUD was used from about the early '90's,
and that in the modern era, TLUD stoves burning solid fuels, top-lit updraft
style, working with a descending pyrolysis front, utilising preheated (or
not) secondary air were available commercially from the late 50's?

If there is still any doubt I encourage you to contact:

Hasan HASKARAMAN
SILVER GROUP OF COMPANIES TURKEY
www.silver.com.tr
Factory +90 352 241 01 90

They build inverted (updraft) versions of the previously successful
downdraft coal gasifiers in use (as I understand it) in the UK for a long
time before that, with significant power controllability.  Haskaraman Senior
is still alive so perhaps he will tell us more about possible Russian stoves
that worked that way (there was technical contact which may have inspired
him).

Doc,

I read most of that GIZ report shared by Kubos.
It was useful for me in terms of info about the genesis of gasifiers during
World War II and other challenges they faced for domestic experimentations.
I read up to chapter 8.
Important warnings for ABE and other TLUD projects however i could not find
the term TLUD.

Nol.