[Stoves] Fwd: Stove Matrix version 2

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Apr 8 12:23:10 CDT 2013

Paul, list etal. adding Priya and AD Karve as ccs.

My experience in this "attribute-list-stove-type" activity has mostly been through dialog with Dr. Priya Karve. Last month, she was on a GACC panel (which I missed) entitled: "Selecting the Most Appropriate Technologies for Your Consumers". As CEO of Samuchit, she has been selling several types of stoves and certainly can take both a researcher and a user perspective. See www.samuchit.com (the commercial side of ARTI, now including also her father A. D. ). Priya has given this topic a lot of thought. (I have given some - not a lot - being on the research end of the spectrum - and seeing many ways to improve stoves.)

Last year, we each tried placing 100 points in a column similar to that started by Lanny. We found ourselves quite divergent. At issue will be how one weights the various categories or items. I have concluded that self weighting is likely the most appropriate way to analyze this topic -- if someone puts their 100 points (the number needn't be specified) on one item, that is telling you a lot (but I would want hundreds if not thousands of inputs). If an important topic is not on your list, it is not apt to come up spontaneously very much. That is why I liked Jock Gill's contribution this AM. There should be a different list for groups like GACC.

This to ask if anyone who attended GACC can report on the conclusions of that particular panel. Especially I hope that Priya and AD can add some thoughts.

Ron