[Stoves] more on ocean acidification

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Thu Aug 8 05:56:44 CDT 2013

*Since the beginning of the industrial era, humans have pumped increasing
amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. This has led not only to a
warmer climate but also to significant changes in the chemistry of the
oceans, which have long acted as a sink for carbon emissions but are being
asked to absorb more than they can handle. The result is ocean
acidification: increasingly corrosive seawater that has already ruined many
coral reefs and over time could threaten the entire marine food chain.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/opinion/marine-life-on-a-warming-planet.html
*