[Stoves] plant physiology

Keenan, Alex alexander.keenan at kroger.com
Mon Dec 2 13:48:30 CST 2013

I remember a few years ago reading of a system in INDIA that was taking sugar cane waste and packing it tightly in metal tubes. The tubes were then placed in a biochar unit and biochar and outgas produced.
The resulting char was mixed with a cheap binding agent I think it was a waste flour, starch, etc. and put into a hand press and made into bricks to dry. The bricks were then burned in small rocket stoves for cooking.
Very low tech, very low cost. Such a system should work with the grass described below since sugarcane is just a type of grass.

Alexander Keenan