[Stoves] Planning for ETHOS and Open House at Aprovecho Following ETHOS

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 30 19:44:44 CST 2013

Dear all,

When you are making your plans for ETHOS, be sure to consider extending
to include some days at Aprovecho for a free Open House that has some
great advantages for stove testing and development.   Dean's message
(below) gives some key details.

Highly likely to attend or be around include Christa Roth, Dale
Andreatta, Alexis Belonio, Paul Anderson, Ted Redelmeier, Tom Reed, Kirk
Harris, Art Donnelly, several of the Aprovecho crew, Fred Colgan / In
Stove, and maybe Ron Larson.   That would be about a dozen highly likely.

I have heard of some others that could attend, but I will not name
them.   But we can HOPE that someone(s) from EPA and GACC and Burn
Design and Colorado State Univ. and Iowa State Univ. and I hope Flip and
Jon Anderson.

If you are traveling far to get to ETHOS, you should seriously consider
staying the extra days for the Aprovecho Open House. And if you have
never been to Aprovecho, you really should be there in these special
days.  Two days at ETHOS is not sufficient for the tasks at hand.

At Aprovecho we will be testing under the hoods several stoves that will
be seen at ETHOS but will not have been tested by then.

Of special interest will be the testing of several RICE HUSK TLUD
gasifier stoves.   These stoves all have fans and are already known to
be among the candidates for exceptionally clean emissions.   Rice husks
are already ordered for the event.

I am confident that at ETHOS we will finalize for everyone to be able to
get transportation to Aprovecho during Monday 27 January.   And because
th Open House ends at noon on Friday, some transport back to Seattle is
likely (not guaranteed, because I cannot say that except for Alexis
Belonio) on Friday.

Info for local arrangements in Cottage Grove area are with Mike Hatfield
(see his contact info below).    And we all thank Aprovecho for
extending the invitation of the Open House.

I will assist at the Open House when ever possible.   But I will be in
Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania until 20 January with limited time to assist
before ETHOS event and the Open  House.

Spread the word.   I hope to see you at these important stove events.
And may 2014 be a great year for our stove projects!!!

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com