[Stoves] combustion of char

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:09:11 CST 2013

Dear Kevin

When was the last time you saw a stove well designed to burn charcoal?

I am not sure you would see much difference with the other fuel. It would probably ignite more easily than char produced at high temperature. The big advantage of the high pressure method is total control over the process and a very short burn time.

Cecil was recently investigating the production of charcoal in Battambang. The burn time is unusually long and I think the production % is below 15. Really bad. It was my yearning hope that the process would be made available so a dramatic change could be wrought in the forests of the Third World.

Still possible...