[Stoves] Pot shells / Fin shells

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 28 14:36:33 CDT 2013

Well I had 186 LB of water and rice, the rice was 50 lb.

Rice has a specific heat capacity of about .33 which is about the same as 16.5 of water so deduct 33.5 from 186 for a mass of about 152.5 lb water equivalent.

I started with 15 LB. of wood and had 2.95 LB. left over = 12.05 LB. of wood used, and there was 1.5 LB. of charcoal left.

The simmer time was about 30 min.

The wrapper is 60" x and the vat is 48" long . I estimate the water was contacting about 36" of the 60" wrapper so the contact area was about 12 sq. ft.

Does that give you the numbers you need?

Lanny