[Stoves] Stove Definition / High-Low energy-cooking

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Fri May 3 15:42:36 CDT 2013

Erin,

You hit the point!
Your proposal to combine a "normal-high-energy-stove" with a RHC (Retained Heat Cooker)
 ( I call it now ) as a _combined cooking system_  you touch the same point I mentioned years before from another point of view.
You hit the energy saving aspect very well. As to use the "hot gas fire" further for other use.
Let me underline your statement by my old statement:

 __We cannot turn down a "normal-stove" so much, as we have to, to use the simmering stage or better the low-temperature-stage to finish the cooking process.___

All turning down is so less possible that the simmering-/low-temperature-  process is done with oversized energy-use.  - If heat-isolation was done by doing that process as good as possible, this process would be overheated.
I  propose to call this second stage of cooking, reached by simmering or low-heat-cooking, the  "maturing-process".  This implicates that there is no more "real cooking" in the sense of boiling. And we can achieve it by a RHC or an "activated-RHC" , as I would call a normal RHC with an extra "energy-push" , given once by an heat-accumulator (( hay-box anno 1800 two bricks)) or continuous by an extra minimal Flame, ( could be a tea-candle -about 80 Watts)
We could call a normal stove just a stove and the second type a maturing-heater (if you would like an abbreviation: a MH  :-)  )
  When we really want to save energy:
 It needs, for a big number of "whole" cooking-processes,  the two different cooking processes. And so it needs as well the normal stove (which can easily be stopped or further used for other purpose)  as well as the MH.
Mind:
- Even a custom gas-burner cannot be turned down so much that it can do the maturing-process, when the pot is properly heat-isolated.
It even reaches not the process-perfection in minimizing the admitted heat when the pot is not isolated; how could it do this when the pot was good isolated??

Kind Regards

Martin

Message: 5