[Stoves] Boiled 520 grams of 14C water in 3:20 minutes

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun May 5 15:57:10 CDT 2013

Jock,

Thanks for the explanation.   Most of my message below is comments

1.  Belonio and Olivier have fans for FA, forcing the gases up through
the holes.   You do not.  So you will have less flexibility in your
operations.

2.  You are accomplishing the mixing (turbulance) of gases and air by
having a relatively think layer (like a cylinder or annulus ) of gases
rising up into an area with air (oxygen).   The air is coming from the
outer side of the annulus.   Difficult for secondary air to be on the
inside of the annulus except what can come in from over the top of the
flames.

3.  As Jock pointed out, testing of this configuration would help us
understand the emissions, etc.

Jock, can you provide one used functional unit for testing purposes at
the Stove Camp this summer at Aprovecho?   I and participants will have
the opportunity to test many stoves at that time.   The unit needs to be
sent to Aprovecho by July or to me in Illinois by mid July so that I can
take it with me in my car.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072