[Stoves] the price of bottled gas

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:50:47 CDT 2013

Dear Christina

>We came across this issue in our survey design in Guatemala of which we
surveyed 300 households. We used almost 10 of our 50 questions to try and
capture that data. We looked at:

1. Primary Fuel

2. Secondary Fuel

3. Percentage used of each fuel (this was a bad question)

4. How are the fuels used differently

5. How much money do you spend on each fuel per week (LPG & wood...question
only for households purchasing wood or LPG)

6. How long does a 25lb tank of LPG last

7. How much wood is purchased or collected per week, and if you purchase
wood how much to you pay for the quantity you purchase.

This is really good. The two things we are interested in is the home economy
and how much money goes into fuels of different types, and the energy
economy that looks at what energy comes out of which fuels, and why for both
sets of data.

I am hoping that Cecil Cook will jump in with some recent info on his
interviews (which tend to be far more in-depth than surveys).