[Stoves] In praise of kerosene

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun May 12 04:26:58 CDT 2013

[Default] On Sat, 11 May 2013 23:07:21 -0600,"Andrew C. Parker"
<acparker at xmission.com> wrote:

>If biomass is to become a global fuel commodity, it will likely be
>converted into synfuel, just as coal is.  The distribution system is
>already in place.

We're still teetering on the edge of being off topic but I agree with
your for the first world.

>Inclusion of biomass into the coal to liquid process (at about a 2 to 1
>ratio, coal to biomass) reduces CO2 output to below petroleum refining
>levels.

Have you a cite for that?

>There will always be a place for biomass burning stoves, where
>appropriate.  The more efficient, the better.

Exactly and many people who currently depend on biomass fuelled cook
stoves will never have the fuels I regularly use (natural gas,
electricity, diesel and petrol) available.

AJH