[Stoves] In praise of kerosene

Ray Menke ray.menke at gmail.com
Sun May 12 07:15:57 CDT 2013

Paul Olivier,
Instead of using a perforated cardboard disc soaked in wax, I am using
thin slices of waste cardboard (4cm X 1 cm) that I cut with sheet
metal snips.  Put a layer of these on top of the biomass, add a few
drops of alcohol, and ignite with a match.  If I use cereal boxes the
thickness of business card stock, I crease them before cutting so they
form "V's and "L's).  Corrugated cardboard is just cut into flat
strips, but when the mix is ignited, there is very little smoke.  Ray
(who doesn't seem to have enough wax..)

Ray  Menke