[Stoves] Green Steam Engine

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Wed May 15 10:48:32 CDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Kevin <kchisholm at ca.inter.net> wrote:

> **
> Dear Bryce
>
> I couldn't find his claim for 24% efficiency, but it seems to be very
> high. I calculate that the useable energy in the steam is less than 3%.

Yeah, for a website with only three pages, it sure needs work. The claim is
on the "Licensing" page. I wasn't trying to review his claims, because
that's a bit out of my niche. I just wanted to see where the provided
numbers took us.

The 24% figure was for recondensing the steam around the boiler. I can't
fathom how that works since the exhaust steam is at 1 atm. How would the
boiler be cold enough to recondense 1 atm steam to liquid if it has to be
hot enough to make steam at 4-9 atm?

Here's the snippet:

    When the steam is simply exhausted to atmosphere while running a
generator, for example, efficiency is relatively low; in the area of 15%.
When the exhaust is condensed and recycled back to the boiler, the
efficiency is around 24% to 30%. When the exhaust is condensed through a
heat exchanger whereby the condensation process is used fully by heating
water, space and distilling water, for example, the efficiency can be in
the 70% range.
    In addition to the potential for efficient energy use and production,
the designs' simplicity, economy and weight more than justifies its
utilization. It is important to note that utilizing free or cheap fuel
makes efficiency less important. There are numerous reasons that this
design is considerably more efficient than standard historical steam
engines.