[Stoves] In search for a stove model for the disaster in the Philippines

Joshua Guinto jed.building.bridges at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 02:46:29 CST 2013

Dear All

First of all, i would like to thank everyone who pitched in their ideas,
references and support in my search for the stove model best fitted to the
scenarios in the Philippines after the Typhoon Haiyan. To mention a few....
a new TLUD stove model from Dr. Paul Anderson, the Estufa Finca from Art
Donelly, the brick institutional rocket stove from Jon, Larry and others,
the Siliver Fire Stove, the charcoal stove from Gustavo, the Jompy Water
Boiler and all the rest that i might have failed to mention. I thank you
all.

Now that i received some initial fund from a friend, i was able to buy the
plane ticket. Tonight, i leave for Manila from here at my home town and
then tommorow noon, i will be in Cebu. the first stop is to meet a circle
of supporters there and evaluate and organize a pilot manufacturing outfit.
We will see, which stove model we can quickly manufacture and hopefully, on
the third day, i can already bring to Tacloban for actual tests at the
evacuation center. I may have to jump back and forth between the
manufacturing and the actual stove use several times. I will see how it
goes.

Along with the stoves, i will be working on water filters, rain water
collectors, container gardening (which is why the biochar making  component
of the stove is very important) and even toys for the children. There is
much yet that i do not know so every thing is pretty un structured as this
moment.

Will tell you more news in a few days.

Good day to all

Jed