[Stoves] Water heating with TLUDs

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 5 12:04:58 CDT 2013

5 or 10 liters is not enough water for a bath, laundry, kitchen clean up and hot tea for a family. I am thinking a stove that will heat a 20 liter pot would be more practical. A 40 quart would be even better but would probably be out of the price range.
And I wonder if a TLUD is the best stove for a water heater. Aren't they one shot and then you have to reload. How about a stove that will hold water hot for a long period with the ability to throw in a few chunks of wood in every hour or so to maintain the heat.
And dispensing is an issue to consider, probably just dipping will be most practical.
Lanny