[Stoves] Fwd: Re: Shields E450c as a way to test char-making stoves (attn: GACC testers)

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Tue Oct 22 18:10:44 CDT 2013

Er…. actually the briquette is holey fuel but only in the physical sense..
All joking aside your point is well taken
Richard Stanley

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com
On 10/22/2013 1:20 PM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
> Dear Paul
>  ...snipped...
> When it comes to mass of fuel consumed, the energy in it and so on, the lab is agnostic. There are no holy

> stoves and there are no holy fuels. The stove does what it does, emits what it emits, and consumes

> what it consumes. We just report it. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Paul replies:  Sorry, but the testing centers do NOT report BOTH the FUEL consumption and the ENERGY consumption.     A major point of the Shields E450c method is to show the ENERGY consumption and the ENERGY efficiency.     It is the people who only talk about FUEL (and who avoid acknowledging the difference concerning energy because of the energy in the charcoal) who are the ones making the problem continue on and on and on.

When  the statement finally comes about testing procedures and reporting for pyrolytic stoves that produce charcoal, I hope that the distinction between energy and fuel is clearly made AND is reported in each report of a stove tested.

Although gasifiers have existed for a long time, gasifier STOVES (especially those that yield charcoal) have not.   So some changes are needed in the reporting of the results.

stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/