[Stoves] Biochar retort

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Oct 29 15:34:37 CDT 2013

Dear Mike

There could be a big problem with heat transfer to the center of the bales. You need a good "design strategy" to ensure that all the straw is raised to the charring temperature.

It is one thing to have access to the straw, but it is another thing to have a market for the char. If you have a big market for the char, perhaps a continuous process would be best.

Do you have a market for your excess heat?

Best wishes,

Kevin