[Stoves] TChar stoves can make and use charcoal was Re: A wisdom of Rebecca's stove

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 4 16:14:53 CDT 2013

Stovers,

1.  Let's have Subject lines that tell what is being discussed,
please.    (we are no longer discussing Rebecca's stove in these messages.)

2.  There are several documents about the TChar concept and
implementation.   see     www.drtlud.com/tag/TChar

3.  Efficiencies are similar to each of the two stages of operation:
      A.   During the TLUD (migratory pyrolytic front) operation, the
results for efficiency and emissions are much like for the Champion,
Mwoto, and Quad TLUD stoves.   (see note below)
      B.   During the charcoal burning stage, the results are mainly
like those of whatever charcoal stove is the base of the TChar combined
unit.

4.  A serious difficulty with the TChar functional unit is the generally
POOR ability of the charcoal stove to restrict the incoming primary
air.  That means that the TLUD top is operating at HIGH-heat levels, and
turn down is difficult.   BUT, when the charcoal is in the charcoal
stoves in the second stage, that is generally a very nice LOW-heat.

Remember that TLUD stoves are mainly AIR controlled, so air leakages can
be important.

TChar stoves should be a joint effort between those who make charcoal
stoves and those who make TLUDs.

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com