[Stoves] Hydrogen from charcoal

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Wed Sep 11 08:15:15 CDT 2013

Andrew,and all,

  A FUEL cel in mini can measure HYDROGEN by giving  of current .

Fuel cell Nickel electrodes in KOH 6,6 M heated at 80 ° C

But in sensors gold is used

Diafragma teflon . Grafite + Pd catalyst .

Total combustion gas H2+CO  sensors ,FIGARO use Pt  filament at 700° C into
SnO2 PELISTOR  and the resistance change by combustion heat is measured.

Regards

Frans

[Default] On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:19:23 -0500,Paul Anderson

<psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:

>Charcoal stove, was operating, but "everything was cooled"??? Meaning

>that there was no "serious" (as in glowing red) char in the stove, but

>emissions were still coming off, correct?

If this was the case then I would expect the char would still be

undergoing pyrolysis and the higher tar molecules splitting. As you

all know town gas was originally made by heating coal to drive off CO

and H2.

That these molecules would survive the combustion is interesting but

could simply be the dilution by other combustion products putting the

air:fuel ratio out of range.

How does a hydrogen cell sense the presence of hydrogen i.e. what

mechanism is involved in the measuring instrument?

AJH